Thomas Chipman® is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, phone and facsimile numbers.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including [telephone and facsimile, by email, via our website www.thomaschipman.com.au, from your website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies- delete all that aren’t applicable] and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
• For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
• For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
• With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
• Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
• Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Thomas Chipman® will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
A: 45 Industrial Park Dr, Lilydale VIC 3140
PH: (03) 9737 2600
Thomas Chipman Social Media Competition
Terms and Conditions
Your entry into the Thomas Chipman Social Media Competition (“the competition”) is deemed acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions. Information on how to enter this competition and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Who Can Enter
1. The competition is open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over.
2. Employees and immediate families of Yarra Valley Snack Foods PTY LTD trading as Thomas Chipman® (“the promoter”) and associated agencies are not eligible to enter the competition. Immediate family includes: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step-child (including by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, stepgrandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
3. By entering the competition you warrant that you meet the entry requirements detailed in the Terms and Conditions and accept all conditions therein.
4. The promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed by the promoter to have breached any of the competition Terms and Conditions or engaged in unlawful or improper misconduct compromising the fair and just running of the promotion.
5. The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any entry or individual entering the competition at any time.
How to Enter
6. The competition commences on 1st January 2018 at 8am AEST and closes on 31st December 2018 at 5pm AEST (“the competition period”).
7. Entries must be received within the competition period.
8. To enter the competition, eligible individuals must:
i) like and comment on the competition post if entering via Facebook; OR
ii) like the competition post and tag a friend in the comments if entering via Instagram
9. Multiple entries are permitted, subject to each entry being submitted separately and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. Each comment or tag must be unique to qualify.
10. Late, incomplete, indecipherable, discriminatory or otherwise offensive entries will be deemed invalid.
11. The prize (“the prize”) comprises of: large sampler boxes of Thomas Chipman Organic Chips range to the value of approximately $50 RRP.
12. Additional costs and any other ancillary cost resulting from acceptance of the prize that are not stated as inclusions are not included as part of the prize and are the responsibility of the prize winner.
13. The total prize pool is valued at approximately $2500 AUD. The prize or any portion thereof, is not transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise stated or agreed by the promoter. No compensation will be offered if the prize winner is unable to take the prize as stated.
14. The prize is subject to availability at the time of booking. The promoter reserves the right to substitute any portion of the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value in accordance with licensing and state regulations.
The Prize Draw and Judging Process
15. The prize draw will take place on the date and time listed on the social media post every month.
16. The promotor will review all eligible entries and select one (1) winning entry (“winning entry”). Determination of the winning entry shall be made by the promoter at its sole discretion, and such determination shall be final and binding.
17. The prize winner will be notified via Facebook and/or Instagram within 24 hours of the draw date. Upon acceptance of the prize, the prize winner's name may be published on the promotor’s social media accounts and/or website.
18. The prize must be claimed by the prize winner within five (5) days of being notified.
19. If for any reason, the prize winner does not claim their prize within the specified period, the prize will be forfeited and a redraw will be conducted to determine a valid prize winner.
20. The promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. Please note that Yarra Valley Snack Foods’ Terms and Conditions may apply with regards to redemption of the prize.
Liability and Release
22. Your entry into the competition, confirms that you own all necessary rights to provide the intellectual property constituting your entry.
23. As a condition of entering the competition, you hereby grant the promoter, the supplier and their affiliates irrevocable, royalty-free rights to reproduce, modify and republish any material created as a result of entry into the competition, including but not limited to your competition entry, photographs, sound recordings and video recordings and acknowledge you will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia.
25. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Instagram.
26. Any personal information submitted to the promoters will be held in accordance with the Privacy Act. The promoter reserves the right to disclose personal information of entrants to the supplier and its affiliates assisting with the running of the competition.
27. Personal information collected during the competition period may be used for direct marketing purposes.
29. The promoter is YARRA VALLEY SNACK FOODS PTY LTD t/a Thomas Chipman® (ACN 103 705 933) of 45 Industrial Park Dr, Lilydale VIC 3140. You can contact the promotor by calling Jessica Gauci on 0419 813 790.